Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sad, But True Geezer Tale #2


While working for a packaging company in the late 80's, my boss teamed me with a rep from one of our suppliers.  Our assignment was to demonstrate our line of packaging materials from a booth during a business expo being held at the El Paso Civic Center.  It soon became apparent that the primary purpose of my new compadre was not so much to promote his product line, but rather to use the occasion to admire the selection of ladies who had the misfortune to wander near our area.  Since I had been recently divorced, I had no such aspirations of course...it was business and only business for me!

During the events of the afternoon and in an effort to be an amiable host, I tried to assist in my amigos' efforts to make new friends.  It was at this point that I glimpsed an attractive, very nicely attired blond just across the aisle from our lair.  That she was attractive was evident, despite the fact she had her back turned to us.  In an attempt to impress my friend with my discernment, I began to elbow him to draw his attention to this vision of feminine loveliness.  He gave a quick nod of acknowledgement and enthusiastic approval at our good fortune.  Here, indeed was the best prospect of our whole day!

It was only moments later that this beautiful creature turned and glimpsing us, she not only smiled, but started walking in our direction.  Roy Orbison's song Pretty Woman had to have been inspired by just such an encounter!  It was only as she drew closer, that I, with red-faced embarrassment, sheepishly introduced my colleague to my gorgeous EX-WIFE! 
            
                ...sad but true...I've got to get my eyes examined...  
 


1 comment: